Mobile Me iDisk Web Access code?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently watched the tutorial for Mobile Me iDisk at apple.com. For a long time I've had my own "pseudo-iDisk" (AFP and Samba shares off of an iMac I use as a full time server). I love apple's new "Browse, upload to, and download to" web interface for the iDisk (anyone know what that system is actually called?)

Is there any way I can recreate this feature on my own website? The script itself would be on a real hosed website with the user log in area, but it would browse the afp/samba share hosed of the imac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66ghz + many, many more :^)
Look into WebDAV. WebDAV can be accessed similar to iDisk off any Apache web server that supports it (look for mod_dav). We support an iDisk like system called WebDisk that's easily configurable through our control panel. Many web hosts also support this system. It may already be available to you.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi MacHighway,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, my hosting provider doesn't support webdav and I tried setting it up on my at home panther imac server and couldn't get it to work.

Do you know of a way to enable webdav in OSX 10.3? And when I do that, what can I use to do the online "file browsing"?

Thanks,
Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.