START & STOP Flash Move Buttons ?

Reaction score
By posting this hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Basically im putting a bit of .swf video on my web page roughly two minutes long. I want to create a simple START and STOP button to go below the streaming video that will start and stop the video.

Can anyone please tell the simplest way to solve my problem?

Any suggestions, I would be very greatful.

Thanks Mark

Ps I’m currently using Flash MX 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
are you using Adobe Flash to put it together? if you look under components, there is ready to use player you can use to load the video, it has a seeking bar and a play/pause button

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
do you need help designing that website at all..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
are you using Adobe Flash to put it together? if you look under components, there is ready to use player you can use to load the video, it has a seeking bar and a play/pause button
He said that he was using Flash MX 2004.

As far as I can recall, that version didn't have the media components (but I think the pro version might have).

You could always create your own player with buttons and assign the Stop and Play functions using ActionScript.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.