Battery Life & waking from sleep mode

B

Billys95

Hello everyone, this is my first post!!! Just switched to Mac & love it! :cool: Just wondering why, when charged, my battery life is never 100% & I have calibrated it exactly how I was meant to. Also, when I've left the laptop for a while & try to wake it from sleep mode, sometimes nothing happens. The screen lamp is on (although it is still black...if u know what I mean) but no login box opens up so I have to hold down the power button to turn the laptop off.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%. If you leave it plugged in, it will spend a lot of time between 99% and 96%, but will return to 100% when discharged significantly and then recharged.

2. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. So does Apple.
...an issue in which a PowerBook G4 computer would, on rare occasion, wake from sleep with a black screen and not respond to any keyboard, mouse, or trackpad input.
(From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
My Ibook never reaches 100% it only reaches 99% and when I clicked on the 99% it says the battery is fully charged. I too calibrated my battery.

OP
I

IChing

Mine does the same, I use the time icon now . I think that it is not an issue on the 99%, some report that using a surge protector gets this reading, however mine sometimes gets 100% and 99% depending on the electrical outlet I use.
Strange but no worries.

OP
B

Billys95

1. Are you sure it's never 100%? Usually it will charge up to 100%, and then not charge again until it dips below 95%.

I think ur rite, it does charge to 100% when u let it discharge. Thanks 4 that.

(From the 10.3.8 update description at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300569)
Supposedly, the update helps. I've had it happen once since the update, though. Presumably they're still workiing on it.

I also have the most up-to-date software but the problem waking from sleep mode still persists....I hope apple sort this out....is there a way of notifying them that the problem is still not fixed with their update?

Thanks for ur replys :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.