• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm conflicted and would like some insight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I have come to a path that I feel conflicted, I was raised, taught and completely believe but now it has shifted a little bit. Firstly I'll cover why what caused this, My sister has been diagnosed with Lupus( a genetic disorder that causes her immune system to attack her own organs, for my sister they picked both of her lungs.) and she should be hearing back this week to see if she will be put onto the transplant list for both of her lungs.So now I feel conflicted that I believe that it is completely wrong to wishing for someone to pass away, but now I find my self hoping that someone's time will come so my sister should live. So I'm stuck at a moral cross road, and I feel that I would like some insight so I can rest easier.

Thanks for at least reading this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I have come to a path that I feel conflicted, I was raised, taught and completely believe but now it has shifted a little bit. Firstly I'll cover why what caused this, My sister has been diagnosed with Lupus( a genetic disorder that causes her immune system to attack her own organs, for my sister they picked both of her lungs.) and she should be hearing back this week to see if she will be put onto the transplant list for both of her lungs.So now I feel conflicted that I believe that it is completely wrong to wishing for someone to pass away, but now I find my self hoping that someone's time will come so my sister should live. So I'm stuck at a moral cross road, and I feel that I would like some insight so I can rest easier.

Thanks for at least reading this.

A baby's born, an old man dies.

I know exactly where you're coming from, and while I wouldn't wish death upon someone, if they died of natural causes, it was probably their time to go.

The fact that by them dying they were able to save a life is quite possibly the ultimate sacrifice, even if they weren't sure who was on the receiving end.

In short, everyone dies, and you're not wishing for someone to die, you're just wishing for new lungs for your sister.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks derek, it's just one of those things that have you feeling uneasy. I feel better, but it's one of those things that make you kinda feel that way until the day of the transplant.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you ever thought of donating a lung?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So now I feel conflicted that I believe that it is completely wrong to wishing for someone to pass away, but now I find my self hoping that someone's time will come so my sister should live.
I don't think you necessarily want someone to die but you want the lung, which requires that someone passes away. What you are feeling is completely natural and caused by the fact that you love your sister.

I wish you, your family and most importantly your sister the best of luck.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you ever thought of donating a lung?
Believe me I would but we do not share the same blood type, since we are step brother and step sister. And before she started to get sick, I had already signed up to be on the donating of my organs in the event of my death.

And thank you guys for all your support!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hopefully we'll get a major breakthrough soon in being able to grow organs. It'll solve a major ethical dilemma people face in these situations, not to mention would make overall quality of life much better, as the need to wait months or years for an organ is removed along with the possibility of organ rejection.

I wish your sister and your family the best.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I saw that article a few months ago where a doc cloned this ladies wind pipe, I thought that was so cool. I am looking forward to this type of science.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Bear in mind the deceased person and his/her family have decided to make a gift of life by donating the organs your sister may receive. Regardless if your sister was on the waiting list, or not, the passing was still going to take place.

When the transplant proceeds, offer a private prayer of thanks to the donor and the donating family.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So a little update after these long months, she has finally been added to the lung transplant list, the doctors are just running some final tests so once again we play the long waiting game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Let's hope her wait is a short one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
I don't know what your going through and won't pretend, My best wishes go to you and your family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hope that everything goes smooth, gagnerants. I wish your sister great luck with the lung transplant.

James

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Best of luck to your sister. I hope the wait isn't too long.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.