My mac wont start up properly

Reaction score
I have recently aqquired an old Imac G3 but when it starts up i have to hold down the shift key otherwise it will freeze on the blue screen. I have nanaged to get hold of some OSX tiger disks but that wont install on the system it gets frozen when it is preparing the installation!! any help at all would be fantastic!

Cheers

Will

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have recently aqquired an old Imac G3 but when it starts up i have to hold down the shift key otherwise it will freeze on the blue screen. I have nanaged to get hold of some OSX tiger disks but that wont install on the system it gets frozen when it is preparing the installation!! any help at all would be fantastic!

Cheers

Will

Are your Tiger disks on DVD...depending on the model G3 iMac you have...it may only have a CD drive...and thus not able to read DVD's.

- Nick

ima

Reaction score
imac not starting plaese help

help/.... my imac wont start up, it just freezes on the apple sigh with the the thing spinning round. the start up light also comes on after a while. this happened after i watched a film on it. i plugged in a hard drive which contained about 80 films and allot of information. i think i downloaded the new quickk time to play the film to. when i restarted the comp the next day it just froze on the start up screen, any help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.