Macbook won't turn on

Reaction score
Hi.

The past couple days I have been using my Macbook and all of the sudden out of nowhere the message that pops up when you press the power button on your macbook while in OSX would pop up out of nowhere. It would just come up out of nowhere without me pressing anything. My Macbook could just be sitting there and it would pop up.

Fast forward to today and I used software update to upgrade the firmware. After I restarted the computer my Macbook would not even turn on. No lights, no chimes, no nothing. I don't even get a light on my magsafe power adapter when I plug it into my Macbook anymore.

I tried resetting the PRAM, resetting the SMC, reseating the RAM, and turning it on without the battery in and it still won't turn on.

What else can I do? My warranty period JUST expired so I don't want to shell out $500+ to get this thing fixed. Could my logic board be dead?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If possible, try another Mag Safe power adapter. But if the machine won't turn on at all with the battery installed and AC power not plugged in, that could indicate power supply circuit failure. The error messages you were getting previously seem to also indicate that.

If you decide to have it repaired, instead of taking it on in to Apple you might look for a third party authorized repair center. These folks have a good reputation and warrant their work:

iPhone and iPod Repairs, Desktop and & MacBook (Pro) Repairs | PSP Repairs

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.