• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PCs aren't as bad as made out to be

D

dlisle20

i've only been using a PC for the last two weeks and i have to admit i didn't mind them too much. All mac people (including me) say how bad PCs are, but in fact their not as bad as people make them out to be. With my mac i have some compatibility issues like not being able to play certain games etc etc but with my PC it worked with everything (except OS X) and didn't crash! I was quite amazed and its always interesting to try something new, so don't be afraid to buy a PC, in my opinion you should really only get a mac if you do photo/video editing, which is what i do, that is why i have one but PCs are pretty good so go ahead and get one for much ceaper than a mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have to agree. i switched to mac a week or 2 ago and now that the new has worn off, my pc doesnt seem so bad (that i can remember, not near it for 5 more weeks). the only benefit that i can really see is not having to worry about a security update every month, running all of the utilities like virus scan, spybot, adaware. i feel alot more comfortable using my ibook knowing that i dont have to worry about doing any of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
PCs are ok if you look after them, I have one in the living room. Having said that I only use the one in the living room as another hard drive as I never use it anymore. My mum uses it though, I don't let her touch my mac. ;)

Random fact: When my mum points to the screen of my iMac I start yelling "Don't touch the screen! Don't touch the screen!!"

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I don't really hate PCs; I'm just kind of tried of them. It's a lot of work to keep them clean and make sure you're updated with the security fixes.

And what is it with people wanting to touch screens. This kid I knew touch my lcd screen, then he had to poke it 5 more times, because he was fascinated with the effect it made after he touched it. I'm like, "What the [peep] ya doin'!

OP
J

jessica

I do not hate PCs at all. Actually I think they're wonderful if maintained. I for one did the math and what I was spending in subscriptions of virus programs, firewalls, and other crap I could have saved and spent on a mac....so I did.
Not to mention, every pc I've had I either used litestep or uxtheme.dll hacked to make it look more like a mac. I figured it was time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.