JBL-Creature-Speakers-3-Speaker-White

M

Mabriz

Hello,
I have a new iMac G5 and have connected my JBL-Creature speakers to it. The speakers, however, make a loud "spike" noise when sound is being used for the first time say after restart or when waking up or switching user logins. I called Apple tech support and they said they couldn't do anything because it was a third party item and there was limited support for those.
I would appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Don't worry, this is actually normal.

Its just the signal going on and off from the soundcard to the speakers.

I have the volume on my speakers set to full and use the keyboard to control the volume. Therefore the interference sound emmited from the Mac is amplified a lot and is very noticeable as when it makes the noise OS X isn't controlling the volume - so it is set to full.

If you had set the volume lower on the speakers you probably won't notice it.

The noise isn't great for the speakers, but since they are relatively cheap anyway I don't worry about it - not noticed any degraded sound from then in 1 year anyway. :)

OR, if you are really concerended over the speakers just mute them before restarting or cold-starts.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
yaaa i heard about jbl speakers. its one of the best speakers in the market. there brand image and sound clarity is mind blowing.

i only prefer for this.

thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.