• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I had to inform you all of the hilarity!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Okay okay this just absolutely floored me.

I just took a vacation to Paris and was informed that using a BNP Paribas atm would incur no fees. So I used a BNP Paribas atm twice only to find that I had four charges waiting for me at home. So I called Bank of America to talk to an agent. This agent sounded american so I can't excuse them for their stupidity.

Here's how this chat went:

Me: "I used a BNP Paribas atm in Paris as I was guaranteed no additional charges would be incured and I'm looking right now at four additional charges. What's going on?"

Agent: "I'm sorry to inform you, but it appears that you have used a BNP Paribas atm in the country of PARIS not in the country of FRANCE"

Me: "...I'm sorry could you repeat that? I'm a little confused, as far as I am aware Paris, the capital of France, is in the country of France, unless it got up an moved since I got back"

Agent: "Could you please hold for a moment while I confirm this information with my manager?"

Me: "No, but thanks, I'll try to get this taken care of at my local banking center."

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Maybe it can be used for free in France, but only those located outside of any city. :Evil:

Or maybe BofA has their own map of the world you should ask for.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe it can be used for free in France, but only those located outside of any city. :Evil:

I might think they could pull that one over lol, if she didn't refer to Paris as an independent country lol.

Reaction score
*sigh* I really wish I could say I don't believe that story, but unfortunately I do. You definately handled it better than I would have though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
*shakes head in disbelief and shame*

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow that really makes you think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I sure hope they were not american.. I know we have a really bad reputation with geography, but come on! heh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I just got done watching "Idiocracy". (if you've seen it you're probably already laughing) There was a scene where a guy says something is in Florida. Another guy says he thinks it's in Georgia, to which the first guy says, "Georgia is in Florida"

At first I laughed, but then I remembered this thread, and became extremely sad.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
They didn't even teach us geography in High school. Most of what I know is from taking PolSci in College. >_>"

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
those two countries are down by japan right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
those two countries are down by japan right?

What, Florida And Georgia ? Of course they are.. what a silly question.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha, I hope we're not becoming like idiocracy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
no geography in high school? sign, I had 3 years of geography there :D not to mention 9 years of elementary school and geography :D

btw you guys seen this clip on youtube? this post just reminded me of what else is possible :D
YouTube - Kellie Pickler- Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader- 25,000 dollar Question

I haven't even watched it, but seeing as it's Kellie Pickler, I can only imagine...

Let's just say it's a good thing that she's cute, because that's just about her only gift (and no, singing is not one of them, IMO....)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
ROFL that was by far the funniest thing I have heard all day. It reminds me of how you get those dumb people who occasionally refer to Hawaii as a country.... *sigh*

I think your reply was stupendous!

I hope she realized what she had said when she got off the phone with you. I know I have said some pretty stupid things when I would be on the phone with a customer lol. Sometimes after so many calls your brain shuts off.

However I at least know my countries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.