DVD Player Driver

Reaction score
Hi,

After many years using a PC I have decided to switch to MAC.

Before I bought a new Imac I gotten hold of an IMAC G4 and I think I have done something wrong since I have lost the DVD Player Icon and can't reinstall it, don't know whether I erase it or what, can someone help me reinstalling a new one. :Oops:

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
The "dvd player icon" will only show on the desktop if you have a disk in the drive. If there is a disk in the optical drive, and it is not mounting (showing) on the desktop, then there is likely a drive problem. With a known good disk in the drive, open Disk Utility (from Utilities folder) and see if it shows there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Also assume you are using Tiger/Leopard, go to Finder>Preferences>General and make sure the show CD/DVD button is selected.

OP
C
Reaction score
dvd player icon

The "dvd player icon" will only show on the desktop if you have a disk in the drive. If there is a disk in the optical drive, and it is not mounting (showing) on the desktop, then there is likely a drive problem. With a known good disk in the drive, open Disk Utility (from Utilities folder) and see if it shows there.

Thanks for your reply,

Being new at Mac's not sure but for examply the key on the keyboard functions upon login in but can't get it to work after, the only way I have found to open the DVD tray is to go to Itunes and press the reject icon it works from there.

I think I erased the dvd player icon when I tried to move it back after placing it in the dock bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.