iTunes won't display albums correctly

Reaction score
hi when i load up itunes it will not display all my albums in the correct order it jumbles all the tracks up. and is there any way to remove album art work. as it has some of the wrong art work on the wrong tracks.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Yea, just go into iTunes, and in the menu bar click view>view as list. It will display your music as a list instead of coverflow.

If what you mean is that all the albums are in a random order, just click "Album by Artist" underneath the coverflow display, and it will alphabetize your albums by the artist who made it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4g imac osx 10.5.6
I don't know for sure if this is what rawmetal is talking about, but I have also had problems in past 6 months or so. iTunes has been mixing up songs completely. wrong artist, wrong title. Its not totally widespread but annoying. I usually shuffle, and have just noticed a couple songs that are not correct. I have tried "reset to factory settings" when synching. Close as I can get to actually formatting which is what I think it needs.

OP
R
Reaction score
kokoricoboy your correct no matter what i try the albums are jumbled up its annoying the **** out of me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
hi when i load up itunes it will not display all my albums in the correct order it jumbles all the tracks up. and is there any way to remove album art work. as it has some of the wrong art work on the wrong tracks.

thanks

Well iTunes will only play them in order if you sort the list accordingly by click the album or track nr. column. (Your tracks will obviously also need track numbers in their ID3 tags).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4g imac osx 10.5.6
So, when my George Straight song is showing up as Enya, or Rob Zombie as Coldplay, where do I make the correction that will hardcode it into itunes so it shows correctly? It wasn't always like this, and I certainly didn't edit anything. I think the point we are trying to make is that it puts incorrect song information across the Library, somehow. Its not related to making songs, artists or albums appear in order. itunes is re-titling songs somehow, and we'd like to re-edit, or do whatever it takes to fix it. Its not all that many, but enough to notice it and want to correct it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
So, when my George Straight song is showing up as Enya, or Rob Zombie as Coldplay, where do I make the correction that will hardcode it into itunes so it shows correctly? It wasn't always like this, and I certainly didn't edit anything. I think the point we are trying to make is that it puts incorrect song information across the Library, somehow. Its not related to making songs, artists or albums appear in order. itunes is re-titling songs somehow, and we'd like to re-edit, or do whatever it takes to fix it. Its not all that many, but enough to notice it and want to correct it.
I see.

In that case I'd suggest rebuilding the library, because it sounds as though something is corrupted.

Check your 'Music > iTunes' folder for older library backups and perhaps try restoring from one of those (move your current library file to the desktop, launch iTunes while holding down shift and point it to an older library file).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.