Okidata Printer Memory

Reaction score
Anyone know the truth about Okidata color laser memory. They say it has special chips, only for there printers and thats way it cost $180. The machine has a PPC chip in it at 200mghz. Says on the board sdram. The specs are 256mb 144pin sdram 3.3v sodim. I paid $10 for the printer and it works great, Thought more memory would be better but not at there price.

OP
Mac SK
Reaction score
All the big online memory stores say that the chips are special only for Okidata printers and the printer will not reconize non Oki memory sticks. Can not find any post in any forums where someone used "plain" memory sticks and not the so called special ones. Anyone no for shure thats true. Just thought it was strange to manufacture such sticks and get stuck with a boat load of them when the printer was discountinued. Although I only paid $10 for the printer not shure I should just put a regular stick in, should it damage the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.