New iPhone user - question

Reaction score
Hi

I've bought an iPhone this week and couldn't be happier with it. It really exceeded my expectations (i had real concerns about the call quality with ATT, but so far it's near perfect).

I just have a slight issue, very minor. Everytime i download applications from the App Store, i need to enter both my email and user name. I used an iPod Touch for a year and it wasn't like that on it, it saved the address and i only needed to enter my password (which is fine).

I would like it to save the email addy, is there a way? If it matters, my iPhone is a refurbished one (3G and updated to the latest version)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I believe thats a function of itunes not the phone. I know when i switched from 1st gen iphone to 3g that function followed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hmmmm. Mine saves the e-mail address and I just have to enter the password. It seemed that it did that when I first sync'd it with my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
here's what you do: make sure your computer is connected to the internet, open iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and log in, then plug in and sync your iPhone. It should save your username, but you will still have to enter in your password every time yo buy an application.

Agreed. That should work.

OP
NumberSix
Reaction score
here's what you do: make sure your computer is connected to the internet, open iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and log in, then plug in and sync your iPhone. It should save your username, but you will still have to enter in your password every time yo buy an application.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

And thanks to all who replied :)

OP
NumberSix
Reaction score
I just wanted to add something.

I sometimes charge my iPhone at work (on a mac mini). It has iTunes installed, but no account associated with it. It's not set to sync on this mac, but the account info will still disappear from iTunes/App Store on my iPhone

It's not really an issue, as it will come back once I plug it in at home. I just wanted to share this info :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.