MacBook Pro to Apple 30" Display

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals),

I bought my MacBook Pro a few days ago. I was planning on linking up the 30" display to it.

However, no matter where I go, it looks like the Apple MB571Z/A Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter that is supposed to be used has a design flaw or something of the sort and is causing nearly everyone who buys it to have problems.

Here's a reference for the adapter as well as reviews:

Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

So my question would be is there an alternative? I don't really want to buy a smaller display, then a month or two down the road, or even later, they come out with a new adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would consider trying the existing one. If it works without a hitch, so much the better. If it doesn't, then read through the reviews in the link you provided and read some of the tips provided by people who said it works for them. If nothing helps and Apple can't fix, then take it back and bide your time till a new ones comes. Or get a smaller monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.