Where is the application list stored?

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where OSX stores the list of default applications? I assume it is a plist file but I can't find which one.

I am running OSX 10.5 and Windows XP in Parallels. I am writing an AppleScript that automatically opens the application, Oracle Calendar at log on. I originally had Oracle installed on both the Mac and Windows sides and now when I run the script Parallels opens looking for the Windows version. Oracle has been removed from the Windows side but

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Can't you specify the location in AppleScript? instead of writing open Oracle Calendar write open /Applications/Oracle Calendar

OP
E
Reaction score
I tried that earlier after renaming the application a couple of times to see if using a new name would work and setting the path didn't work. On a hunch I just restarted my computer, added the path again and now it does work.

Thanks

Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.