jpg files converted to tiff files

Reaction score
I have a mac g4. I was wondering how to convert jpg file to tiff file? I will be honest I am not the most computer savy individual. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
what would be the point in converting a jpg into tiff? jpegs are compressed and so have a quality loss, which is the exact opposite of a tiff

my point is, you wouldn't gain anything quality-wise

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You could do it with Preview. Just open your file go to ->File -> Save As and then under where it says format click on the arrow and change to Tiff.

OP
C
Reaction score
What is Preview? sorry I am not the most knowledgable about computers. Please let me know. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
What is Preview? sorry I am not the most knowledgable about computers. Please let me know. Thanks.

Preview is an application for Macintosh that allows you to view image files (.jpeg, .bmp, ,tiff, etc), PDF files, and many other types. Also, you can use the built it editing tools to edit an image file (these tools are pretty basic, however).

OP
C
Reaction score
So there would be nothing I could do to make a jpg file larger without a loss of quality? If I could enlarge it what would be the best way to do so/ Also would I be able to print it out on photo paper/ Thanks.
/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
So there would be nothing I could do to make a jpg file larger without a loss of quality? If I could enlarge it what would be the best way to do so/ Also would I be able to print it out on photo paper/ Thanks.
/

Nope. Unless you have a VERY high resolution image. But, judging by what you said, I doubt it is very high res. Best way to enlarge it would be to... well.. email me the image, and I'll resize it to the dimensions you want. I'll PM you my email address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.