desktop enhancement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
hi. i was just looking around on apples site and found a download for a complete gui package, Xidg-albook i beleive. i just dont have money to pay for it though. are there any free ones that are like it. or even anything else that will make my ibook cool? thanks a ton. peace.

I really meant to say that this program and most others i see need shapeshifter which costs money. is there something else i can use instead of shapeshifter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Right now it seems that Shapeshifter is the only program that easily accepts the GUIkits. It is a wonderful and worthy program. I purchased the first day I tried it. It makes changing the look of your Mac so easy, a simple pref pane and point and click and your done.

If you haven't already, at least use the trial version of Shapeshifter so that you can see what all it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I agree, for the cost of the program, it's more than worth it.

Reaction score
Their is also ThemeChanger that is free and you can download themes for it from www.resexcellence.com. They are dlta themes. Here is a link for theme changer:

http://themechanger.sourceforge.net/

I dislike Shapeshifter because they are living off the tireless work from GUI designers who spend hours making themes and then releasing them for free. The only people that are making money are the makers of shapeshifter the people who designed the themes don't get anything and lets face it what's the point in a Shapeshifter without themes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.