tool to quickly remove black spots from white background

Reaction score
I can use the Eraser, but with some 2700 images, that is time-consuming. What is the easiest way to remove "noise" (unwanted black spots) from the white background in black & white (bitonal) images?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram OS X 10.5.6
removing spots from images

I can use the Eraser, but with some 2700 images, that is time-consuming. What is the easiest way to remove "noise" (unwanted black spots) from the white background in black & white (bitonal) images?

You could try creating a droplet in photoshop utilizing the despeckle filter and then dropping the file containing the images onto the droplet. To create a droplet, see this Photoshop CS3

hope this helps!

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow, that looks interesting. Maybe despeckle is the thing. I'm using GIMP, but the despeckle filter is not enabled. Also does GIMP have batch processing possibilities?
Would PS Elements have this Droplet feature? Or would it work with a free trial of CS3?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.