Install stuck on "please load disc 2" screen.

Reaction score
whats up guys, i am having a blood pressure rising problem. i have a macbook black edition 2.0 ghz duo 2 core proc. i tried to reboot the comp with the install disc so i chose the option erase and install and the first disc completes fine but disc 2 is where the problem starts. it wont get passed the iwork 08. it says please try the install again. i tried every boot up key commands but nothing works, it just brings me back to the "please load disc 2" screen. ive tried the disc numerous times but it never works. i took the disc to my local game store cause they have a disc cleaning machine and they took all the little scratches out but it still doesnt work. does anyone know how i can get my comp to start up without the "load disc 2" screen appear? it brings me straight to that screen no matter what i do. any imput is greatly appreciated thanks guys.

p.s its mac os x 10.4 if i didnt mention

Reaction score
Since when does the Mac OS X installer prompt for an iWork disc?

Reaction score
What kind of install discs are these? I've only ever used the black retail install discs, which just install the operating system and the basic programs it comes with. Can you customize the install? It usually gives you options to turn things off, so maybe you should disable iWork and try installing it manually later (if you want it).

OP
V
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. yes these are the original disks that came with the comp. unfortunately i cant do anything but load disc 2 which doesnt work. im stuck in the same place. any suggestions?

Reaction score
help load disk 2

My mac mini I reformatted the hard drive on and then tried to reload the operating system disks (that came with the machine is also stalled at please load disk 2 ....why???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.