MBP Hard drive upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.16 GHz 2GB ram
My 2 yo MBP has a full hard drive, and I don't want to get rid of anything. What hardware/software do I need to copy EVERYTHING to a new 500GB 2.5'' SATA and then swap the drives?

Thanks,

Finn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I would recommend to just install a fresh OS on the new drive and then connect the old drive and copy what you need, even if it is large amounts of data

anyway, you will need a usb/firewire external case for the old drive to connect it up

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.16 GHz 2GB ram
I would recommend to just install a fresh OS on the new drive and then connect the old drive and copy what you need, even if it is large amounts of data

anyway, you will need a usb/firewire external case for the old drive to connect it up

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
In terms of making bootable copies on other drives - SuperDuper is my favourite - just got my MBP back with new logic board and meantime booted off my 800 Firewire thru my partners iMac. No disruption to my internet scene and no loss of data, but a couple of settings changed due to the new MAC of the replacement Logic Board - oops too much info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.