MacJournal Free Trial

W

Wren Avalon

I tried MacJournal a while ago and went with another program instead. I deleted MacJournal. Now they've put out an update and I'd like to try it again. However; it says I've had the program for 62 days and won't allow me to use it unless I pay for it. Is there anyway to reset the free trial thing? I'll be happy to pay for it if they fixed the things I didn't like, but I don't want to spend $20 for another program I won't be happy with. Please help.

Reaction score
Could be a preference file from MacJournal that is still in you library/preference folder that is causing the problem. Try typing in MacJournal into the search section of a finder window and delete the files that come up (be careful that they are not from other programs or important data) and then reinstall the program.

It's also the case that a clean install of the system would also work (a bit drastic but it would work), what you could also do is contact the makers of the program and explain the problem, if they are not too busy then I'm sure they will be willing to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
MacJournal used to be Freeware but has now been sold to Mariner. If you want a copy of the older FreeWare version PM me with your email address.

OP
W

Wren Avalon

Mr Bobbins said:
Could be a preference file from MacJournal that is still in you library/preference folder that is causing the problem. Try typing in MacJournal into the search section of a finder window and delete the files that come up (be careful that they are not from other programs or important data) and then reinstall the program.

Thank you so much! This suggestion worked beautifully. I had two old files in there. Thanks so much. I'm a new mac user and had never used that search function before. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.