exporting iphoto pictures

Reaction score
I have a bunch of pictures on iphoto and a few I can open up and export but the rest, I cannot. I click on the picture and nothing happens. Anyone know what is going on??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Select photo > File Export or command shift E > choose format.
or select_drag from iPhoto to desktop in JPG format.
S.

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
No, that's not working.

Anything I try - it basically says photos do not exist. I cannot loose these photos. When I try to export anyplace it just says, unable to export. I try anything and everything and it's like they don't exist.

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
I just now did a re-build and now I don't even see the pics on iphoto - just blanks. so, I'm guessing my beloved family pictures are gone for good. I will NEVER trust iphoto again!!!! :(

iphoto still says there are 73 items but they are blank - can they still be recovered??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Finder in column view > User Account > Pictures > iPhoto Library > right cllck Show Package Contents > folder named Originals, the photos should be in there.

That is as long as you set Copy items to the iPhoto Library in iPhoto Prefs > Advanced. Otherwise the photos should still be in the folder they were in when added to iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Finder in column view > User Account > Pictures > iPhoto Library > right cllck Show Package Contents > folder named Originals, the photos should be in there.

That is as long as you set Copy items to the iPhoto Library in iPhoto Prefs > Advanced. Otherwise the photos should still be in the folder they were in when added to iPhoto.

thank you so much. I'm a 3-day old mac newbie and this was my biggest confusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.