Changing the default photo preview?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
I've just downloaded Xee for viewing photos, and I'm not sure how to make it my default for viewing photos, anyone know? VERY new Mac user here...if you can't already tell.
Thanks!
Stef

Reaction score
Xee is the bomb! Go into the Xee preferences, click the Formats tab and press the Select All button. If you're running Mac OS X v10.3, the Formats tab won't be there, so you'll need to manually associate file types.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
Right click on an image file and get info (or just command-i an image file). Change "open with" in the pull down menu and select the application you want to use, then click "change all"

Reaction score
Right click on an image file and get info (or just command-i an image file). Change "open with" in the pull down menu and select the application you want to use, then click "change all"
This is the manual method I was speaking of, but since Xee supports several formats this can take a really long time, and it really only applies if you are running the Panther-compatible version of Xee, which doesn't allow you to set file associations in the preferences. If some brilliant coder happens to read this, PLEASE add this feature to the older Xee!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
Thanks so much! I've got it. Awesome! Now I just wish Xee understood the trackpad commands like the viewer, haha, a lot to ask I know, but I', definitely a lot happier with Xee than I was before.
Stef

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.