im switching back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
well i bet you dont get many of these! im switching back after getting a mac mini.............mean like dont get me wrong im not switching back coz they are bad computers i am just swithching back becasue they are sooo dam boring and you can mod them like you can with pc's (im talking vmods/overclocking, not silly windows and flashy lights).......anywho if anyone is interested my 1.5Ghz, 512MB mac mini is on ebay.co.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You should have realized that Mac's aren't modding systems. They are pretty much you get them, they work, its simple.

T

Thud

pscl227 said:
they are sooo dam boring and you can mod them like you can with pc's (im talking vmods/overclocking, not silly windows and flashy lights).......anywho if anyone is interested my 1.5Ghz, 512MB mac mini is on ebay.co.uk

Don't confuse your lack of creativity with a lack of mod-ability on the mini. :)

But also, what were you expecting when you bought it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
PMI, but - whatre VMODs? I know youve overclocked to 1.5...

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
deus_ex_machina said:
PMI, but - whatre VMODs? I know youve overclocked to 1.5...

vmods are voltage mods to increase voltages to certian components, this would be a realistic concept for the mac mini if it wasnt so dam crippled by the lack of cpu multipliers avlible, and the tiny amount of memory bandwidth you have to live with, mean like on the pc i can get upto 650Mhz on the ram alone using my TCCD on the brainpower pcb, instead of the 333 avlible on the mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The performance of the Mac as it is right out of the box is why it needs no mods. If PCs mods are so great, they should be made that way in the first place. It seems you're looking for a science kit toy store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
I love my PC and would never trade it for the world. I can't wait until I get an iMac g5 either. I'm all about having "the best of both worlds".

K

Kokopelli

The Mac architecture is not conducive to OCing. Even a modicum of research would have shown you that.

Further even if you do successfully overclock what is the point on doing it to a mini? A 10% OC on a mini will not make a significant difference on performance from an end user perspective. Further VMODs and bumping the RAM frequency would not make a significant difference in memory throughput and even less in performance. It is not like a VMOD is going to mysteriously make the bus quad pumped. If your whole purpose in buying a computer is to tweak it to gain a 5-10% boost in performance then you are buying computers for the wrong reason IMHO. Buy a box to get work done. Do you bore out the engine in every car you buy? Increase the voltage in your microwave to cook faster?

This is coming from someone with 2 watercooled OC'd and tweaked AMD boxes by the way. Setting them up was fun but in the end I did not get them just so I could modify then to get a little extra speed. Nor would I have ditched them if I ended up having to run at stock for stability reasons. Switching back because you do not like the OS X experience I could understand. Switching back because you can't do hardware mods to get an insiginificant boost in performance I do not. These are not gaming boxes where a 5-10% boost will make a difference.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
d-funct said:
Have you got some CPUZ screenies of the 350mhz FSB ....

its 325Mhz fsb (650/2), and yes i have i'll pop them up on a server once i have finished fiddling about with this fx5800 i got today :cool:

L

LBodnar

pscl227 said:
...im switching back after getting a mac mini..
That is why eBay sucks...
i is only two weeks old and is being sold on due to me upgrading to a G5
I hope you like your new G5. By the way it has a system-wide spell-checker!

Just one more point - judging by HDD specs your original mini was 1.25GHz. I would not run it (leave alone sell it to somebody else) left at 1.5GHz since most people reported failures with Altivec at this speed on 1.25GHz machines. That is why eBay now sucks. :mad:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.