sent messages in Mail not visible

Reaction score
Hello.
I am a PC tech with no Mac experience.
I have a client with a Mac running OS X V 10.2.8.
Their mail program is 1.2.5 (v553).

Here's the issue.
They are trying to clean out the mail folders.
The sent folder contains 1850 messages, but none of them are visible.
Sometimes it says 'updating color on msg 1850 of 1850' - sometimes it doesn't say anything, but no matter what I do, we can't see those message to deleted them.
I've tried rebuilding - makes no difference.

I have googled this, and found quite a few references to this issue, but no solutions that worked for me.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Amber

Reaction score
ghost mail?

11-14-09
I am having the exact same issues. Can't seem to figue it out. Did you find a solution? Any suggestions are much appreiciated. Thanks. --Tierra

Hello.
I am a PC tech with no Mac experience.
I have a client with a Mac running OS X V 10.2.8.
Their mail program is 1.2.5 (v553).

Here's the issue.
They are trying to clean out the mail folders.
The sent folder contains 1850 messages, but none of them are visible.
Sometimes it says 'updating color on msg 1850 of 1850' - sometimes it doesn't say anything, but no matter what I do, we can't see those message to deleted them.
I've tried rebuilding - makes no difference.

I have googled this, and found quite a few references to this issue, but no solutions that worked for me.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Amber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
First, repair permissions using Onyx Titanium Software. Make sure you load the version appropriate to your OS.

Once completed, from Desktop, press Cmd-F (Find), and type 'mbox' in the search field. This should lead you to where the Mail application mail boxes are stored, ie. in the User > Library. Look for Outbox and investigate the contents. If shown, you should be able to send the contents to the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.