what is best of the white macBook and the new aluminium one

Reaction score
Hi

I am going to buy a new mac, and have it as a back up mac, lap top, for traveling and just use now and then.

But, what is best of the white macBook and the new aluminium one? They are to be in 13", 2.0 GHz.

I was told that the withe one will get very ugly in no time..Is that so?

All help is good

Thanks
cheers
vegard_dino

Reaction score
White computers are like white cars, they show dirt more clearly than darker ones. I think all the white MacBooks also come in black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I think all the white MacBooks also come in black.
No - only the top of the line MacBook last generation came in black. Apple no longer produce a black MacBook.

OP
V
Reaction score
Hi

Hello and thanks for the fast reply to me

So, the withe one will get dirty fast..ok..but part from that, will the plastic crack up?

Cheers all
vegard_dino

Reaction score
So, the withe one will get dirty fast..ok..but part from that, will the plastic crack up?
Apple likes to build their computers with the most durable plastic I've ever seen, but like any laptop it probably depends on how well you take care of it.

OP
V
Reaction score
Hiii

Ok...Got it.

As you say,plastic is plastic. And yes, it is the old macBook, but still it looks so cool

And, it just to be my back up mac. Not my daily mac.
So, maybe the withe macBook will do well.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Also, while the rest of the specs are similar to the low end aluminum model, the RAM is only 667MHz... thats what got me. I saw the new aluminum 'books were using 1066MHz DDR3 with a 1066MHz front side bus and decided that this was a must. (I hate bottle necking).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am going to buy a new mac, and have it as a back up mac, lap top, for traveling and just use now and then.

Boyyy...it sure must be nice to buy a brand new Apple laptop to just use as a "backup" computer!!:Smirk:

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes

Hi, well, I did order my new laptop now, what I did get?:)
I did go for the withe one......just look sooooo coooool

Thanks for helping me all

cheers all
vegard_dino

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.