please shut my mac up

Reaction score
Hi Y'ALL

I've just installed BOWTIE, and whenever i change a song my mac goes "weezer - make believe" or whatever the artist + album is being played. Also when I, for example, browse the itunes store, it goes "browsing the itunes library" or something like that.

It stops when i quit Bowtie, and it only happens to changes I perform on my itunes. I've tried command+F5, but it didn't work. Could anyone please help? pretty please?

Thanks in advance

:S

Reaction score
You should probably have a look at the Speech section of your System Preferences. I just installed the latest version (1.0b2) and tested it with a few different themes but couldn't reproduce your problem. Also make sure you have the latest version, in case it's a bug.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try Command + F5. I'll bet you accidentally turned on "voice over".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
with that command+f5, be sure not to hit it over and over again :D just press it once and see if it helps

OP
V
Reaction score
comman + f5 doesn't work...
and it is the latest version...

i tried deleting it from the application and download it from the web again, but the problem's still there

:S

Reaction score
Did you try looking at the Speech preferences?

OP
V
Reaction score
picture1h.png

picture2cty.png

yea i've checked them, don't think there's anything wrong tho

it's quite annoying :Oops: : http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2449857_geqi2/duh.mp3

:s

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.