can't load game under Windows

Reaction score
I've just gone through the process of partitioning my MacBook hard drive and installing Windows, all this in order to load and play Rome Total WAr.

The whole process went off very easily....

Windows XP seems to be installed fine and I can boot up and select which operating system / drive ( OSX or Windows) I want to use at startup. Have done this a couple of times and both systems seem to be running fine ( I don't have any progams loaded on Windows to test it, but tried a couple of the pre-installed games like Hearts, and it seems to work alright..)

I booted up in Windows and installed Rome Total War from a triple pack Anthology I just bought. All loaded up fine but when I go to play the game the disk in the drive hardly starts when I get "Rome: Total War has experienced an unspecified error and will exit".

I've tried starting from the disk and from the desktop icon to no avail. I uninstalled the game and installed another copy of the game from a new disc I also got - RTW Gold Edition, just in case the other disk was faulty.

All loaded up fine again, but the same error message keeps happening when I go to run the game.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions what the problem may be I'd be grateful...

Mike.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you have installed all Windows drivers from your Leopard DVD especially the graphics driver. (You didn't mention which MacBook you have.)

Sounds like you may be missing drivers.

Regards.

OP
V
Reaction score
I believe the expression is.....YOU DE MAN!!!

Thanks a million chscag...that's exactly what the problem was. Although there was a message just prior to inserting the Windows disc instructing me to insert the MAC install disc afterwards, I never received a prompt later and presumed I just proceed. Was able to just insert the OSX install disc while Windows was running and it automatically installed the drivers. Works perfectly...!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad you got it sorted out. Have fun.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.