Apple care Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook aluminium, 2.4ghz, 250gb hard drive
I recently purchased a unibody macbook 2.4 with the extended applecare from the applestore and when i received my macbook i got an applecare disk with it. what is the disk for? do i have to run it on my macbook to register my apple care? thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Your AppleCare is already registered if you purchased it at an Apple Store.

Apple - Support - AppleCare - FAQs

Q: When I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, do I need to register it?

A: If you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Mac, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or Apple display from the online Apple Store, Apple will register the AppleCare Protection Plan for you. If you purchase your AppleCare Protection Plan and your covered product separately or elsewhere, you will need to register your AppleCare Protection Plan.

Your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage starts from your hardware purchase date. Registering your AppleCare Protection Plan at a later date does not extend your coverage. In fact, there are many benefits to registering your AppleCare Protection Plan as soon as you purchase it.

For example, after you register, Apple will have your hardware, AppleCare Protection Plan, and personal contact information on file. When you contact Apple for service or support, Apple can access your information right away and start addressing your issue, rather than spending time verifying your eligibility.

Q: How do I register my AppleCare Protection Plan?

A: If you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Mac, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or Apple display from the online Apple Store, Apple will register the AppleCare Protection Plan for you. If you purchase your AppleCare Protection Plan and your covered product separately or elsewhere, you can register your AppleCare Protection Plan at Apple - Support - AppleCare Products Overview or contact Apple at the phone number included in your AppleCare Protection Plan package. Easy-to-follow instructions are also included with your AppleCare Protection Plan package.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.