iPod software 3rd gen finally updated.

J

Jason

And we finally get the Shuffle Songs option on the main menu! It's about time! :cool: I updated mine last night, works great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ill be updating mine this afternoon. I do look forward to this :) Although I wonder how they are going to implement it since we already have shuffle.. but it shuffles everything and then you have to turn it off.. so not sure what the difference will be.

OP
J

Jason

Murlyn said:
Ill be updating mine this afternoon. I do look forward to this :) Although I wonder how they are going to implement it since we already have shuffle.. but it shuffles everything and then you have to turn it off.. so not sure what the difference will be.
I tried it this morning. You just hit Shuffle Songs on the main menu and it does just that. You don't have to turn it off, it's like a "session" of sorts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Is there anyway to keep files out of the ones it picks for shuffle? I have several audio books on my 4g and having Pink Floyd followed by the biography of Thomas Jefferson is not quite my idea of a good playlist. ;)

OP
J

Jason

dan828 said:
Is there anyway to keep files out of the ones it picks for shuffle? I have several audio books on my 4g and having Pink Floyd followed by the biography of Thomas Jefferson is not quite my idea of a good playlist. ;)
I believe it just shuffles your whole iPod. To do that, you'd just have to create a playlist without the stuff you don't want and shuffle that (using the old method) as far as I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
There is a little blue checkbox.. uncheck it and it will not include those files

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.