Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Looks like they have pink and green for both - Click

It seems the only difference is that the MBP's have got black and the MB's have blue.

Also, I found it extreemely difficult to remove and definitely was afraid I was going to break my screen at one point. There's no way I could recommend regularly removing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The screen case is certainly harder to remove, but I find less dust gets under it then the lower one. I haven't had to remove the screen cover to clean it at all yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
The hard cover speck sounds great but wouldn't it affect the cooling system of the MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
And MikeYMS, I don't think a red case on a white MacBook would become pink. I have a friend who has a red one and it's just plain red. If it was pink then my problem is SOLVED! :flower:

True, it's more of a lighter red. What about getting a clear case and having it painted pink? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
No, it has vents in the base.

74 vents in the base. Heck you could probably strain your spaghetti with the lower case if you REALLY didn't have a strainer. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
True, it's more of a lighter red. What about getting a clear case and having it painted pink? ;)

Won't that make the paint stick on my case? Or my hands?:eek:

Teehee.. just kiddin'.:robot:

Looks like they have pink and green for both - Click

It seems the only difference is that the MBP's have got black and the MB's have blue.

OMG they do now?? Oh yeahh!!! And I saw it on the Speck's site. G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
I just hope they'll ship stock in the Apple Store here. Man, waiting sucks!! I might order through the Speck website, but I'd be wasting $20.95 for international shipping. But then, shipping would be charged in the local Apple Store anyway. I need time to decide. :)

And it would be quite silly if the MacBook has a black case. You should've ordered a Black one instead. :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
my clear speck case is here!!! i'm happy just looking at it for now... you see the macbook it's supposed to be on hasn't arrived yet :[...ehehe...

i'll post my review as soon as I get it on my macbook (which might get here in a week or 2) :Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am going to get the covers from macstyles for the Macbook. I think it gives some protection against scratches, and it looks nice.

Reaction score
I was thinking about this for my black Macbook, only I have a couple of concerns:

-Does it add any significant weight?
-Will the Macbook w/Speck still fit in the Incase neoprene sleeve without issue?

I plan to travel with my Macbook in June, and I don't want to negate the 2 main reasons why I bought it: size and weight.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I feel having a nice case to go with a notebook is part of the game. It telly s much about your personality, I actually look forward to buying the case when I get a macbook. It's such a neat accessoire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
There was a guy on youtube who reviewed a speck case but he mentioned that they cover some vents at the back of the macbook. Is that true? Or have they changed them now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
eBay

or google:

macbook neoprene sleeves
macbook sleeves
macbook covers

etc... there are tons of vendors. I got mine from eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Yeah, those are good, too. One of the nicer ones. But FYI, I found some on eBay for cheaper, probably not as sleek as that, but I just used it for my backpack... so I really didn't need something flashy.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
In my opinion, you can't beat the Waterfield Design sleeves available at 222.sfbags.com. I have had one for each of my laptops, and have given them as gifts -- they are great! Priced well, great customer service, wonderful product. Can even be customized with pockets, straps, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Cool link, I'll check it out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Oops! I guess anybody who cared figured out that I made a mistake! The website for Waterfield Design sleeves is www.sfbags.com. Fingers on the wrong row when typing makes a big difference!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.