Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I like the plain look of the Techshell. The Speck has an ugly design, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I'm getting the MB pink Spec SeeThru Case by the end of August. My mom didn't want to get me one (hey I'm just 13) so I had to save up for it.

I sure hope it's worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The Official "What case should I get/Which case do you recommend" Thread

Seems like we notebook owners are all inquisitive about which case or sleeve other people use and some of us would like some suggestions or some feedback on the types that are available.

So despite what the thread prefix says, lets use this thread to voice your opinions and ask your questions about any notebook option so everything is in one neat and tidy place!

It'll be like a one stop destination and a great reference for all of our notebook case and sleeve issues :)

Reaction score
Regarding the "Rubberized" Techshells... I hope that's not too confusing or misleading. We don't want to confuse... They are, as pointed out earlier in this thread, the same plastic shells on the inside, with a rubberized type of paint on the outside that allows for a different look and feel. A nice grip, too. Hope that helps clear things up. :)

Reaction score
Which sleeve/bag to buy for my MacBook ?

Hey All ..
I want to buy a nice & good sleeve/bag for my MacBook, something with a shoulder and hand strap..

I found these by Brenthaven:
http://www.amazon.com/Brenthaven-Edg...6776626&sr=1-9?tag=macforums0e4-20

Or Tucano

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e/...rds=WO-MB133-I?tag=macforums0e4-20

Or

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=7596-SSTL

Or

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TJ700LL/A

The last one from Apple is the most one i like, but i think that some of you might got a similar one to it but cheaper. Who ever did please let me know from where.

But in general, which do you think is better ?
and if any of you have any other suggestions, please DO !

:Smirk:

TWM

Reaction score
Regarding the "Rubberized" Techshells... I hope that's not too confusing or misleading. We don't want to confuse... They are, as pointed out earlier in this thread, the same plastic shells on the inside, with a rubberized type of paint on the outside that allows for a different look and feel. A nice grip, too. Hope that helps clear things up. :)

any heat issues due to the insulating properties of being rubber coated, and a lack of vents???

Reaction score
any heat issues due to the insulating properties of being rubber coated, and a lack of vents???

None reported, none observed... In my own, and others' testing, it's not been a problem. We don't block the existing vents, so the fans can still blow out as they normally would. Also, the rubber coating is too thin to have much thermal/insulating effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Targus has nice backpacks that aren't too big. I have this one.

The Booq Boa looks pretty slick!

Reaction score
Cover dilema

I've seen some of the Speck ones, and they are cool, but they seem to scratch and crack pretty easily-I'm gonna wait until I hear about one that gets better reviews. Has anyone heard of different ones that work better? I got an Isis cover (www.isiscovers.com) a few months ago, and I like it alot (I gave my encase one to my brother). The memory foam is a kinda cool change from the neoprene.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Seems like we notebook owners are all inquisitive about which case or sleeve other people use and some of us would like some suggestions or some feedback on the types that are available.

So despite what the thread prefix says, lets use this thread to voice your opinions and ask your questions about any notebook option so everything is in one neat and tidy place!

It'll be like a one stop destination and a great reference for all of our notebook case and sleeve issues :)
The sticky is a terrific idea, but can't "MacBook Pro" be taken out of the thread title?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"|matte display|OS X 10.4|2.2ghz intel
wanted: girly laptop case

I have been searching for a bag/case/sack/carrying device for my 15" macbook pro since I got it (Feb 07) and I still haven't really found anything I'm dying to get. I don't really want to spend a ton of money, no more than $100 US. Also, I reeeeally don't want a "laptop bag", you know, the kind that are briefcase-esque, with a long shoulder strap, almost always black. The kind that screams "I'm carrying $2000 on my shoulder, mug me!" Yeah. Those. No thanks.

I want color! And some fun style! I like shoulder bags the best, with short handles, the kind of thing that looks like a large purse. Fits right under your arm, fairly easy to carry. I also like messengers, and backpacks, but I don't like huge clunky bags. I don't need a gajillion pockets and I don't plan to pack a change of clothes. I want space for power cables, a small mouse, headphones, that's pretty much it. Slim, sleek. Pretty.

Nothing that's too oddly rectangular and ... laptop-shaped, either. ;)

Some modicum of squashy protectiveness?

Does that ring any bells with anyone? Send me links! I beg you!

Reaction score
Hey, I bought the case from www.macbook-case.com.
Here is the picture of it.

I love it! You gotta see it for yourself. No Doubt!
I bought this to protect my Mac, but I got impressed by look. It looks plain if you compare it with other brand, but because of the simple design, it doesn't ruin the Apple design and looks fantastic!
MacBook Hard Case

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"|matte display|OS X 10.4|2.2ghz intel
Hey, I bought the case from www.macbook-case.com.
Here is the picture of it.

I love it! You gotta see it for yourself. No Doubt!
I bought this to protect my Mac, but I got impressed by look. It looks plain if you compare it with other brand, but because of the simple design, it doesn't ruin the Apple design and looks fantastic!
MacBook Hard Case

I'm pretty much in love, and I didn't even like the hard-shell cases till right this very second. That looks freaking cool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.