2-3 Weeks!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Well...I'm jumping in I guess, whenever they actually ship the dang thing. I've ordered a Mac Mini 1.25 w/Bluetooth. I can't wait to get started on it. I thought about going with an Imac...but the way I see it is if I like what I experience with the mini...it'll become the wifee's puter and I'll get myself a dual G5 powermac or something in the future.

I'm sure this runs against the grain of most here...but being a PC dude the first thing I'm gonna do is rip it open...do the old overclock bit (I've done quite a few LPC rebuilds on Xbox Mobo's...so I figure it's a no-brainer for the mini)...upgrade the HD to a 60 Gb 7200 RPM model...and throw in a 1gig stick of PC2700. I don't know...I might play with it a bit before I get around to doing all of that! :cool: I fully realize that a Mini will never be some rip roaring super computer...but I like tinkering and I'd like to squeeze as much out of one as is possible just for fun. It really won't be used for much more than some occasional video editing, some photo editing, and surfin the web from time to time.

I've got a Samsung 1501MP that I'll be hooking up to it. Hopefully I won't have any issues with dimness as I've seen reported here a few times. Any suggestions for a first time switcher as to what to read to smooth the transition to OS X?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.