Add Yahoo! e-mail addresses in Mac Mail...

Reaction score
Hey there! I was just wondering if it was possible to set up a pop server in Mail for regular Yahoo! mail, instead of Yahoo! Mail Plus. I've got my RSS feeds and Gmail working already, but I use my Yahoo account as my primary. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I could be very wrong on this but, AFAIK no. It's one of the perks of being a paying member for yahoo mail is having access to their pop servers.

There might be a tool somewhere to bypass using pop servers and somehow interfacing to it via http, that I don't know at all.

Reaction score
i am trying to do this right now, and found that you are supposed to pay 19.95 per year if you would like a yahoo plus account, this would give you access to the pop servers. there may be a way around that, and if i get it working, i will post again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz
$20 for a year sounds pretty cheap. You can blow $20 in a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock
Why not just get a new email that allows you to pop for free....that is why i stopped using yahoo because they wanted to charge....where most others are free....it wouldnt take you that long to send a mass email telling everyone your new address

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.