Weird OS Behavior

Reaction score
(I am running OS X 10.5.6)

There have been power outages in my area today, and my iMac randomly shut down without anything else loosing power. Firstly, there are no system icons in the menu bar. No time, bluetooth, airport or anything. I also have iStat Menus installed and they won't show up either. When I go into System Preferences and try to turn the items on (they weren't checked, but they always have been), but they unchecked themselves after I quit system preferences. The only icons that are still there are application icons like growl, gmail, and WD manager. Secondly, the iCal icon in the dock does not show the current date, but shows July 17th instead. Third, the computer is running very slowly (I have 2.4 GHz and 4 GB RAM). It has never run this slow before. When I go into Exposé, the computer freezes; Safari is buggy; and system preferences takes a long time to load. If someone could help, thank you. This is the first time this has happened and I do not know what is wrong.

Dock.jpg

Menu Bar.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is this an Intel box or a PPC box?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What was the last thing you did before everything went haywire? Did you install anything? Did you delete something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.