Importing WORD Docs

Reaction score
Purchased a new IMac and paid for the Office 2008 Suite ~ however when I attempt to import Word.Docs they come in as Winmail.dat :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Can you explain what you mean by 'import'? What are you doing?

I'm a little distracted and lost today :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Heres my take ~ Email sometimes find that they receive email messages with a strange file attached, called winmail.dat. When they attempt to open this file, either it can't be opened at all, or it contains "garbage" data.

I believe the situation causing this is that I'm using two 2 different email client programs to receive, read, and send email (MS/Outlook & Entourage). Unfortunately it's my understanding that Outlook does not "play nice" with the other email programs all the time. This causes problems, not for the sender of the email, but the recipient, particularly when actual files are attached to messages.

I need help ~ this is a resume file !!

OP
J
Reaction score
Corrected the problem by altering my MS/Outlook format to Plain Text versus RFT ~ Problem solved !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.