Wireless Internet Connection

K

ktwo_online

I have a wireless broadband router connected to a DSL service, which both my Xbox and my Windows XP machine can access the Internet via. I have a G4 PowerMac running OS X 10.2.8 with an Airport card that can "see" the wireless network and connect to it BUT there is no Internet connection. When I open Safari (or IE or Firefox) it cannot access any web pages. Does anyone have any ideas?

I can view the Airport connection in "Internet Connect" but it displays the Status as not available. Is it a matter of making the Airport card the default Internet connection? If so, how do I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
go into system preferences>network> check yuour AP card settings there. its most likely just a matter of setytings. make sure your settings say youre connecting via airport and not ethernet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Also make sure that your Mac is getting it's own IP address and not trying to use the same one that the PC or Xbox are using. Windows machines and I assume the Xbox are very controlling when it comes to IP addresses. So you may need to not use DHCP and manually set an address they wouldn't use.

You can do all this in the Network system preference pane.

OP
K

ktwo_online

Thanks for the info. I created a new Network "Location" and just didn't set up any network settings other than the Airport card. It works now. So I'll just set-up the other devices etc. until I'm all set-up or until it stops working again (in which case I'll just go back a step to a set-up that works).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.