.docx not opening

Reaction score
Im trying to open a word file that was saved on a vista computer under docx. I went to the microsoft website and downloaded Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update package, but yet i cannot open the file still. Can anyone help me please?

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
I had the converter it wouldnt recognize my mac HD. Now i tried for the 10th time and it is installing. Thanks for all the help. Im just stressing here, 3rd year law examines coming up and buddy feels like sending files in docx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone. Problem solved. Stupid vista. lol.

Im a PC im 4 years old, must explain why i'm unable to transfer documents to mac, when I was able to do them when I was an XP, but now that im Vista, im a retarded 4 year old lol. (sorry stress)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm just wondering...but isn't .docx the newer version from Mircosoft Word? IE 2008. If that's the case that would explain why you couldn't open it with Microsoft Word 2004. Doesn't have anything to do with the actual OS, it's the file format.

Next time just save things as a legacy file so you won't run into problems like that and give yourself unneeded stress.

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you for providing the link to the Docx converter tool. I just bought a second-hand iMac, which runs Snow Leopard 10.6, so I figured all my apps would run like new.

Until my kids brought home docx Word file for us to open on our Office 2004.

I must have downloaded 10 different versions of the "updater" with no success! Kept getting errors that my software wasn't compatible...ughh...

What bugged me most was my kids were able to open the .docx files on our old iMax, running Tiger with the downloaded xml converter...so why couldn't they install and open on the newer SL?

THANK YOU....my son can now open his college essays!! Woot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.