"Please enter your keychain password" message keeps appearing

Reaction score
Like every two minutes, a window pops up on my mac saying - "Please enter your keychain password." What is this! And my p/w to log into the mac doesn't work for it, so it's driving me nuts

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It should be telling which application is asking for the keychain password

Reaction score
Does it say which application wants your password???

If it doesn't, this could be a tojan wanting to install.... reject it if it's unsigned.

Reaction score
I had this same problem. I turned off my computer and turned it back on and it went away.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ya its safari thats asking for it. Thing is, it wont go away when i restart and the password i enter is wrong. The only thing i can think of it just restoring the whole computer, which I was intending to do anyways, unless someone knows how to get this damm thing to stop asking me lol!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
ok .. so I know this is an old post .. but I am having the same problem can't get rid of it

have followed Mac OS X: Keychain Access asks for keychain "login" after changing login password

and deleted the login keychain.. and rebooted but still every time I go in to Safari.. and
hit one of my sites that want authentication even if I am already logged in it pops up..
and none of my passwords work to either unlock it or make it go away ...

I really don't like any OS or browser saving my password's any how... but just annoying
especially when I'm trying to update web pages.
Help plz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.