iPod Touch "saved photo" problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (white) 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM OSX 10.5+, iPod Touch (2G) 16GB, iSight iMac G5, iPod Nano (3G)
I just sold my 1st gen iPod Touch and this WAS NOT a problem.

Upon receiving my new 2nd gen I promptly sent it back.

I am syncing with a Mac all software legal and up-to-date, which may be the problem??

Between the time my new iPod was received and I backed up and sold the 1st gen 16GB one - iTunes updated to 8.1.1.

The issue is the photos SAVED from emails to the iPod that appear in the SAVED PHOTOS do not respond to resizing and all look like total garbage. When you stretch them - they go to almost illegible, looks like the ZOOM screen function on a Mac or MacBook you would use to enlarge the screen (if you have bad eyesight) rather than the normal way they would refocus once enlarged.

The exact same photo that is in the EMAIL that it is taken from is fine and responds as you would expect to manipulation - looks sharp as a tack.

So what the ???

The first gen did NOT act like this and the only thing that has happened is the iTunes update (to 8.1.1) between the time I sold and bought.....?

A buddy of mine who has an iPhone is scared that the next update will make this issues reappear on the iPhone as he says this WAS in past a problem with the iPhone.

However this was not an issue as stated with my 1st Gen iPod Touch I just sold but - I was not using the new iTunes with that model YET. :Angry:

Anyone else seeing this who is running a 2nd gen iPod Touch with saved photos in the "saved photos" section of photos on the iPod?

Can you please post up as to this being an issue on your device or not? I am expecting a replacement and want to make sure that this is NOT a defect which I was hoping it would be.

If it is a software update issue (in this case a backwards step!) then I would like to know this.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

ONCE I GET THE SECOND (2G) one - I will post back on if this particular problem persists.

Thanks!!

JMC.

OP
JMC2008
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (white) 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM OSX 10.5+, iPod Touch (2G) 16GB, iSight iMac G5, iPod Nano (3G)
...just received the replacement iPod. Will post back later once I get home to the base ship.

;-)

OP
JMC2008
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Want My Old Ipod Back!!!!

:Angry: (Well maybe not entirely.. but this make me angry.......)

Two iPod Touch's in two weeks.

Photos are STILL buggered in the SAVED PHOTOS on the iPod. Exactly what my buddy was telling me which WAS the case apparently with the iPhone at one point.

This is a step BACKWARDS for the iPod. My First Gen running iTunes 8.1 was FINE and did not have this issue!!! 2nd Gen running 8.1.1 is not handling the photos correctly. They look like crap and will not re size or focus correctly.

This has been a total waste of time changing iPods - why do the TECH people not admit this is a problem or do they even know yet??

Grrrrrrr.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.