MBP Screen Problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I've had my MBP about one year and I have Apple Care but never needed to use it. I bought it new from an Apple store in June 08. I have very low computer technical knowledge/skills. I use my MBP 15 inch/matt screen for e-mail, web surfing, & editing photos. I have made no alterations to my MBP - not even a memory upgrade. This morning while on battery power I turned my MBP on and with about a 95% battery charge showing the screen displayed alternating dark shadow like bands (vertical) across the bottom of the screen. They extended about one and one-half to two inches up from the bottom of the screen. They were evenly spaced and each one was identical to the others. They did not move. In Excel, e-mail, or any screen including my "desktop" screen they were there. I re-booted and they were gone. Has anyone had this happen? Is it a sign of some likely component failure? Thanks, Bill.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD @7200// iBook G3 300MHZ!, 512MB RAM!, 40GB HD!
This is a common issue with the LED banks at the bottom of the screen. Mine does he same thing every now and then. After the computer finishes booting, just close the lip, then open it back up and it should reset the LEDs.

As far as I know there is no fix for this problem, you just live with it. (YAY apple quality)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Thanks for the information!
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
...you just live with it. (YAY apple quality)

that doesn't sound right at all. Call Apple Care and please report back what they say. I sincerely doubt (and hope) they will tell you to just live with it.
d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD @7200// iBook G3 300MHZ!, 512MB RAM!, 40GB HD!
that doesn't sound right at all. Call Apple Care and please report back what they say. I sincerely doubt (and hope) they will tell you to just live with it.
d

as far as I understood it was a well known issue and there was no fix. I'd be mad if apple care suddenly wanted to fix it when my warranty is already pretty void (replacing fan, hd, etc)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.