Finer Settings

G

gtee

Could someone please tell me how to set the way Finder displays contents.
By default [I assume] it shows a Folder view.
How do I change this so that it remembers the new settings?

Thank you.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you look at the gear near the top of the Finder window, you'll see hierarchy arrow pointing down that is black next to the big gear, you'll want to click directly on that arrow. Then "Show View Options".

Edit: Make sure you specify at the top, if you want that setting for "All windows" or "Just this window".

OP
G

gtee

Finder Settings

iWhat said:
If you look at the gear near the top of the Finder window, you'll see hierarchy arrow pointing down that is black next to the big gear, you'll want to click directly on that arrow. Then "Show View Options".

Edit: Make sure you specify at the top, if you want that setting for "All windows" or "Just this window".

Hi iWhat,

When I click the down-arrow, then Show View Options - I don't see an EDIT.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Maybe, I thought you were talking about something different. Did you want to change how to finder navigates? So you want to change the icon view, or list view, or column view. If so, just click on the any of the three option that are between the back and foward button and the gear.

Edit: Any option you change should be automatically saved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.