Strange heating problem in my Macbook

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

A few days ago I noticed that my macbook was running too hot. No problem, I got used to heat... My Sony Vaio was always like that. :Grimmace:

At first, I wondered if my cooling fans were gone (can`t remember the last time I heard it`s noise). Then I decided to get a temperature monitor to check how the temperatures were. Now, what`s funny: my Airport Wireless Module was hotter than anything else (right now at 70c, CPU at 57). After turning my airport card off, the CPU temperature went to 49c and the airport card to 51c. However, I couldn`t notice any decrease in my network perfomance.

Any thoughts about what`s happening here ? Is this normal ? :Oops:

Cheers, ;D

Rafael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
I have a macbook pro, and when I am not using my cpu that much so it has no reason to be hot my airport card is hotter than the cpu. Right now I do not even have my airport module on and its 51c and when its on it goes up to 70c but I have never had any problems, so I guess I have just concluded its normal behavior and I have had my MBP for about a year now.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi man... Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday, I`ve searched over the web for a while and after reading a few cases just like ours, I realized that this is macbook`s normal behavior. But, for safety reasons, I`ll take my MB to a local apple store and check if everything is fine.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi there Papa...

At least my MB will be useful for something else... I`ll try one of those suggestions latter.

Just to update the situation, this morning I went to a Apple store and, based on what they said, I`m starting to assume that this is the normal temperature of a Macbook with airport express running.

Just another thing... Based on iStat Nano, my Exhaust fan is always around 1800rpm, is this speed normal ?

Rafael

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Mine sits just under 2000 at it's slowest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.