Weird lines in right side of screen

Reaction score
Every so often my screen has these weird staticy coloured lines just right of the middle of the screen.... the only way to get rid of it is bending the screen back and then slowly pulling it back up.

What should i do ? is anyone else having this problem ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
There have been known issues with the graphic chips on the last model of MBP's and Apple is obligated to replace the logic board because of this. You don't need anything else but proof, and they'll replace it for free. My friend is getting this replacement done right now, actually.

Doug

OP
S
Reaction score
thank you very much. how long should it take for the graphics chip to be replaced ?

this does not, however, explain as to why when i bend the screen back the lines miraculously disappear

Reaction score
This sounds a lot more like a *screen* issue if bending the screen fixes it. My guess is that the video cable is loose or damaged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.