Lightscribe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
I'm new to the community, so if I make any errors in etiquette, please tell me (politely).

Does anyone know whether the optical drive in the standard Macbook Pro is capable of burning Lightscribe CD/DVDs?

Thanks

Geoff

Reaction score
No, it doesn't but that's a great idea! I wish Apple offered that option. Maybe you can put a Lightscribe drive in a Macbook though. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Reaction score
Why would you want LigtScribe?
The discs are way to expensive and you will only use it a couple of times..
Waste of money in my opinion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Why would you want LigtScribe?
The discs are way to expensive and you will only use it a couple of times..
Waste of money in my opinion

How is it a waste of money to have the ability to burn labels right onto the disk? I love my external LightScribe drive and the disks aren't that much more expensive than other good quality media.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G3 ibook, 15" 1.67ghz powerbook, 15" 800mhz DVI powerbook
There problem fixed. Get an external lightscribe drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
How is it a waste of money to have the ability to burn labels right onto the disk? I love my external LightScribe drive and the disks aren't that much more expensive than other good quality media.

I agree with you! It was a great option on my hp laptop. Instead of writing the name of the disk with a permanent marker, you could put an image on it. I bet HP has some dumb right to it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.