iMac USB connected to printer sharing w/Microsoft XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
This question has probably been asked, so perhaps someone could direct me to the proper place in this forum. If not, then here's the deal: I'm using my iMac (Leopard) as my "default" printer. In other words, this is the one directly connected via USB to an HP Officejet Pro L7700. I'm trying to connect my home network and all of my other computers are PCs running Windows XP. Problem is I can't get the XPs to connect to the the default printer. Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thx!

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a new airport extreme and connected my printer to it to get wireless network printing for my macbook but then still be able to print from my desktop pc. The only way i was able to get the pc to recognize and "see" the printer attached to my home network was to install new version of bonjour. The new one had a bonjour printer wizard and once i started that it took a whole 2 minutes to setup and then my pc was able to print from it. Try that and hope it helps.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
Thanks. Is Bonjour loaded on your Mac or your PC?

Reaction score
sorry for late response again. On my mac it found the printer immediately. I had to use the bonjour on my pc which its on there preloaded but i had to uninstall it then download the new version from apple.com and reinstall it and theres an option on the install wizard that will ask if you want to install bonjour printer wizard also and just click that and when its done open that part and follow instructions and then it will print wirelessly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.