Iphone 3.0 question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2GHz/iPod Classic Black 80GB/iPhone 4 32GB/iPad2 WiFi 16GB
Hey everyone,

I know you probably been asked this hundreds of times already, but,

Will iPhone OS 3.0 mean a new iPhone, or will it just be a download software update?

I am looking at getting an iPhone, and want to know if it is worth waiting until 3.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
It's a software update, just plug in your iPhone and update it via iTunes. Speculation is that a new phone will be released with 3.0 but it's up to you if you want to wait.

I held off on getting the first iPhone for lack of 3G and GPS. There isn't anything else (I think) I could possible need in my iPhone 3G but the next iPhone device will probably prove me wrong but I'm perfectly happy with the 3G model. :D iPhone 3.0 looks very cool and is a much needed update, especially with the addition of MMS which was sorely lacking.

OP
Calciumee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well that is ok, if it is an update, I can just get a current one :)
I can't see what can be added to make it much better. Maybe a better camera, but for photos I just use my SLR :)

Just need to wait for my current contract to run out :)

OP
Calciumee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went into an o2 shop earlier, knowing what I have read on here (thanks IanCT btw), I asked about a new phone, and they said 'Apple have said that they won't be releasing a new phone, just new software, expected june/july'. Then he did say 'but they didn't tell us that they were relesing the iPhone 3g'
So who really knows!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.