Connecting Verizon wireless card to xbox live

Reaction score
Hey Guys how are you? I am kyle. I am new, but not at the same time. Had a membership here a long time ago but can't remember what it was. God to be back and wanted to say hi!

Anyways need some help. i have seen some tutorials about connecting your mac to an xbox via ethernet cable and and wireless internet. I followed the steps that is needed but for some reason it will not work. the only thing I didn't do with the tutorial I used was, go through terminal to get the IP address. The reason being was because when I typed in what I was supose to it didn't give me my IP address. Now I did look up my IP address on my wireless card application on my computer but that did not work.

I have a macbook pro 2.8ghz version with track pad if this matters in anyway.

Anyways hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Kyle

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Cellular-based ISPs have too much latency for a service like Xbox Live, even under ideal conditions. This is an exercise in futility. If you want to use Xbox Live, get a land-line high speed Internet service and a router to share it amongst your computer and your Xbox.

OP
K
Reaction score
I can't. e live in the middle of no where and the best we can get is satilite or wireless cards. The satilite I used was peaking at 1 mb per second and my card does 3mb per second max. I was able to run games on the satilite almost. I could play Dirt and almost games like halo but lagged to much. All I am asking is how to do it.

I have a friend letting me use his gametag to try it and see how much it lags. Someone please steer me towards a tutorial or somehow help me don't tell me I can't please

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The transfer rate doesn't matter, it's the consistency of the connection that does. EVDO (Verizon wireless network protocol) is capable of burst speeds of 3Mb/s+, but it's not consistent. This won't be noticeable in every day web browsing, but in a session that requires low latency (like Xbox Live), it simply won't work.

I don't mean to dash your dreams, but you need to have realistic expectations. I doubt you'll find a tutorial on this, since it's just not a workable solution.

In theory, what you would need to do is enable Internet sharing on your Mac (System Preferences => Sharing). Then connect the Xbox to the Mac using an Ethernet cable.

Good luck.

OP
K
Reaction score
I tried the internet sharing and went through all the IP address inputting and for some reason it didn't work. I will take a picture of my ip address and router address and maybe you can help me out.

I am just giving it a try. I wanna see if it works before I shut the idea down.

OP
K
Reaction score
5tvzuu.jpg

How to share your Mac's internet connection with your Xbox

Thats the tutorial I used. Can anyone maybe help to try something else to make it work or that I might of need to do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.