External HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4.11 Tiger
OK, so here's what happened. I have a 500Gig WD external. My Book or something like that. Anyways, I've had it for a year or two now and have had it on firewire. Problem is fer about a couple days now, my external doesn't mount. I can't view any of the files in my external. I can see it on Disk Utility and System Profiler though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and also, I know the drive still works. I can connect it to my PS3 (using a USB, which doesn't work on my MacBook like the firewire cable) and see the files from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That's odd, a firewire drive should have plenty of power to mount. Does disk utility give you the option to mount the drive?

How you got another Firewire cable to test it with

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4.11 Tiger
Well I got a new firewire cable a bit ago, but it was working fine with it at first. Could be the cable... I'll get another one and check it out. And I can't mount it from Disk Utility.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4.11 Tiger
OK, sorry fer such a late response, but my internet was out fer a long time... Anyways, I didn't get a new ethernet cord, but I tested it on my friend's macbook pro and it works just fine. It's gotta just be mine... No idea how to check what the problem is. Any help would be awesome...

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4.11 Tiger
Oh and also, when I connect my iPod, I can view it on my iTunes, but it doesn't show up in my Finder. PLEASE HELP!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.