Networking a printer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I have 3 laptops in the same house and would like to hook up a printer so the laptops can access it and print wirelessly. I know I can do this with airport express. Is there a cheaper router out there that does the same thing?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Do you have a desktop that the printer is connected to?

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I don't know of another router offhand that can do this then. I run mine through the the desktop.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But the airport express CAN do it? Just want to make sure before I buy one.

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know of another router offhand that can do this then. I run mine through the the desktop.

david,

how did you set this up... i'm curious as i would like to have access wirelessly to my printer (which is connected to the desktop)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
david,

how did you set this up... i'm curious as i would like to have access wirelessly to my printer (which is connected to the desktop)

Hello, I just went to System Preferences>Sharing and under services I clicked the Printer sharing box. Then when I went to print from my Macbook, my printer was listed. Hope it works for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.